Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sour Patch Kid

Is it just my son or do other people consider their child to be a "sour patch kid" you know...first he is sour then he is sweet? Jason has been like this for quite awhile now.  He is such a lover, but has been getting more and more ornery as the days go by.  He likes to come up and hit you, then give you kisses! Such a sour patch kid! He is almost 18 months old, and definitely getting quite a personality on him! He loves to dance! He doesn't need music to shake his booty! He must have music in his heart!  But watch out when the music comes on, he goes nuts! It is SOOO adorable! Generally younger children try to do what the older child is doing, but no not when it comes to dancing, Emma totally mimics Jason! I must say, that poor girl has little to no rhythm, and is SO clumsy! But we love her to death and fully encourage her to spin around in circles and fall all over the place! So with all this said, I also need some advice, as I said Jason is almost 18 months old...I don't remember having a persistent problem with Emma hitting when she was younger, but we really need an effective way to stop Jason from hitting.  When you tell him no, no matter how serious of a tone you use with him, he starts smiling and giggling! See...ORNERY!  I just don't think it makes sense to hit him hand or spank him for hitting...hitting for hitting just doesn't seem like the answer...any advice? I'd love to hear it! Comment and let me know what you think!

The photo is of Jason just hours after he was born...so sweet, so alert, so loving. <3

4 comments:

  1. Tucker is at that age also. I just take his hands and say No No, then mimic the action I want him to do instead. Gentle hands and do a motion that is gentle, like petting or soft touch. They are close in age, and this is the age we start to introduce consequence for actions also tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been doing this, he still just thinks it is SO funny. Crazy little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is he too young for "time out"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is funny, he knows what time out is sort-of by seeing Emma in time out...out of habit I told him to go to the corner the other day and he marched right over, stood there looking at the wall for a minutes, turned around with a HUGE grin on his face and came over and hugged me. lol

      Delete